GEA August training seminar-Workmen Compensation: Application & Practice
Date: 16th August, 2018
Time: 9.00 am – 3.00 pm
Venue: La Palm Royal Beach Hotel, Accra
Fees: GH¢750 per participant (Members)
GH¢950 per participant (Non-members)
Facilitator: Mr. Alex Frimpong
Mr. Frimpong is the Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana Employers’ Association. He is a lawyer with special interest in Employment law. He has over twenty –four years of hands-on experience in Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations. Mr. Frimpong has deep knowledge, appreciation and experience of the Ghanaian labour legislation, case law and systems.
Aim of the Seminar:
Organizations have an obligation to ensure the health and safety of all employees at all times. To this end, management is requested to protect workers against all hazards that may potentially pose danger to the health and safety of workers.
The seminar is therefore designed to enable all participants appreciate the nature, scope and application of the Workmen’s compensation Law, and how the provisions of the law will assist them to deal with occupational accidents/injuries and diseases that may arise during and in the course of the employment.
Specifically, the seminar is organized to enable participants:
- Understand and appreciate the nature, scope of application and methods of accessing workmen’s compensation cases at the workplace;
- Understand the various levels of occupational injuries/accidents and diseases;
- Appreciate the method of computing workmen’s compensation claims and methods of assessment; and
- Manage the challenges associated with the assessment of workmen compensation cases.
- Overview of the Workmen’s Compensation Law, 1987 (PNDC L 187)
- Procedure of assessing WC cases
- Levels of occupational injuries and diseases
- Computation and payment of compensation claims
- Responsibilities of parties to WC claims
- Agreement and Review of Compensation claims
- Case Studies
Who should attend?
- General Managers in charge of Human Resource
- Human Resource Managers/ Officers
- Heads of Departments
- Administrative Managers
- Factory/Production Managers
- Union Executives