GEA opens nominations for 2019 International Labour Conference
Notice is hereby given that the 108th Session of the ILC has been scheduled for June 10 – 21, 2019 in Geneva, Switzerland.
The ILC which is held every year is attended by a delegation consisting of Government officials, Employers and workers and their respective substitutes and advisers. The conference is a forum where global social and labour questions of importance are discussed and standards adopted wherever desirable.
In view of the concerns regarding the large size of the Ghana Tripartite delegation to the ILC over the past years the National Tripartite Committee agreed to allocate quotas to its tripartite constituents.
The GEA Council has therefore approved the following guidelines that will determine the composition and nomination of the Employers delegation as follows:
- The Company must be a paid-up member of the GEA (Subscription / Special Levy).
- Each member shall be eligible to send one nominee who shall be a senior or top management personnel of the organization.
- Special preference shall be given to members who have experts/specialists of the Conference themes during any particular year.
- In order to ensure broader representation of the nominees across all sectors due consideration shall be given to the various interests groups/affiliated Associations in the composition of the delegation.
- Where the nominations exceed the quota the principle of “first come first served” shall apply taking into account points 1-4 above.
- In accordance with the rules of the ILC at least 30% of the nominees must be women.
Interested members are requested to submit their nominations to the Secretariat before close of work on April 12th, 2019.