September training seminar: Collective Agreements:Conditions / implications for designing, application and administration
Date: 19th – 20th September, 2018
Time: 9.00 am – 3.00 pm each day
Venue: Tomreik Hotel, East Legon
Fees: GH¢1,450.00 (GEA Members)
GH¢1,650.00 (Non-GEA Members)
This seminar is specially designed to enable participants:
- Understand the nature, scope and application of Collective Agreements (CAs)
- Develop policy guidelines on CA’s
- Design a standard CA
- Appreciate the processes / procedures of drafting Collective Agreements
- Identify the current issues & challenges associated with the administration Collective Agreements
- Overview of Collective Agreements
- Negotiations and Collective Bargaining
- Contents of Collective Agreements
- The process of Designing Collective Agreements
- Application and administering Collective Agreements
- Parties to the Collective Agreement Process
- Issues & Challenges
- Case Studies
Who should attend?
- General Managers/Directors
- Heads of Departments
- HR Directors/ Managers/Officers
- Administrative Managers/Officers
- Union Executives/Senior Staff Association
The subjects and topics are transferred by means of short focused presentations which are followed by experiential learning sessions. In these sessions, the knowledge gained is applied to real-world examples and case studies. Rapid learning of the methods and techniques is achieved by means of group work, individual work, participant discussion, facilitator interaction and constructive feedback.
- Atta Paidoo started his HR career in 1975 at the defunct Gihoc Pharmaceutical Company. In 2002, He was appointed the Director, Human Resource Management at Forestry Commission. He played a lead role in the restructuring of the erstwhile Forestry and Wildlife Departments which were part of the Civil Service and two public service entities in the Forestry sector. Mr. Atta Paidoo is an Adjunct Lecturer at the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA) and a Corporate Trainer for Sam Jonah School of Business. He is a Certified Senior Professional in Human Resource Management (SPHR) from the Human Resource Certification Institute, Virginia, USA and an accredited Mediator/Arbitrator of the National Labour Commission.
- Stella Agyenim Boateng is a Human Resource Consultant with GLICO Group of Companies where she is responsible for the provision of end-to-end HR services and support to all the Companies forming the Group. She is the former HR Director for Vodafone Ghana where she worked for 28 years. She was very instrumental in the Vodafone integration journey in Ghana and also contributed significantly to the successful transformation of a State-owned company to become a commercially-viable, performance-oriented and culturally agile organization with high Employee Engagement and Line Manager Scores year after year. She led Vodafone Ghana’s biggest People / Structural transformation, championed the talent agenda, promoted a sustainable Health, Safety & Wellbeing culture, Gender Diversity & Inclusion culture and created an admired HR function. Under her, leadership, Vodafone Ghana won several awards.