GEA September Training Seminar-Leave & Absenteeism: Effective Control
Venue: La Palm Royal Beach Hotel, Accra
Date: 6th September, 2018
Time: 9.00 am – 3.00 pm
Fees: GH¢750 per participant (Members)
GH¢950 per participant (Non-members)
Leave and absenteeism have been a critical challenge to smooth work process, business productivity and profitability. Research shows that casual absences account for about 80% of lost man-days for most businesses and in most cases, these absences are not supported by any sort of medical certificate or genuine exigencies. Absenteeism therefore in whatever situation drives significant cost to the organization and the economy as a whole.
In order to ensure that Managers and Supervisors are efficient in their roles of managing leave and absenteeism, they need to be well equipped through training to effectively manage these concerns and ensure that work is appropriately covered during the employee’s absence.
On completion of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Understand and appreciate the essence of annual leave and other related leave
- Appreciate the legal requirements regarding the administration of leave and the organisation’s policies and procedures for dealing with absence
- Develop and administer policies, guidelines and procedures and maintain appropriately details, accurate and up-to-date absence records for staff
- Conduct return-to-work interviews and implement disciplinary procedures where necessary
- Appreciate the current best practice approach to dealing with issues regarding leave and absenteeism
- The scope of leave and absenteeism
- Eligibility of annual leave
- Legal provisions of leave
- Types of leave
- Administering leave (issues, policies, procedures & guidelines)
- Calculating/analyzing the cost of absenteeism
- Guidelines to leave and absenteeism management
- Case studies
Who should attend?
- General Managers in charge of Human Resources
- Human Resource Managers/ Officers
- Administrative Managers
- Senior Managers / Officers responsible for Human Resources’ functions in both public and private organizations/ Institutions
- Factory/Production Managers
Facilator: Stella Agyenim Boateng
Stella Agyenim Boateng is a Human Resource Consultant with GLICO Group of Companies where she is responsible for the provision of end-to-end HR services and support to all the Companies forming the Group. She is also the former HR Director for Vodafone Ghana where she worked for 28 years and was very instrumental in their integration journey.